Otaku Epica

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Otaku Epica

A forum site for geeks who love to play table-top RPGS!

Latest topics

» Oct. 8th 2011
Ryan's stuff (yes I write sometimes) EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:44 pm by Horde Master

» Where too?
Ryan's stuff (yes I write sometimes) EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:49 pm by Horde Master

» September.24
Ryan's stuff (yes I write sometimes) EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:11 pm by Horde Master

» DC Universe Relaunch
Ryan's stuff (yes I write sometimes) EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 10:17 pm by otaku9kun

» September 24th
Ryan's stuff (yes I write sometimes) EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:36 pm by otaku9kun

» Sept. 17th
Ryan's stuff (yes I write sometimes) EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:08 pm by Horde Master

» This weeks gathering
Ryan's stuff (yes I write sometimes) EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:35 am by Lord Ragnaros

» Last Gathering
Ryan's stuff (yes I write sometimes) EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:43 pm by Lord Ragnaros

» Bluh Bluh Bluh Bluh
Ryan's stuff (yes I write sometimes) EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:41 pm by Lord Ragnaros

Navigation

Affiliates

4 posters

Ryan's stuff (yes I write sometimes)

Callofdutyb
    Callofdutyb
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male
    Number of posts : 14
    Job/hobbies : Creating Bombs
    Interests : Explosives
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

Character sheet
    Warmasters: Gray Gaurd!!!

Ryan's stuff (yes I write sometimes) Empty Ryan's stuff (yes I write sometimes)

Post  Callofdutyb Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:43 pm

The Special Spy
    By Ryan Fregger
    FIRST DRAFT BE NICE

Prelude
    It was a cold day in Moscow, Russia. I had just gotten off of my plane and took a look around, that’s when I noticed that someone was approaching me. There were two of them wearing black uniforms, I didn’t know what they wanted or why they were coming at me the way they were.
    The next thing I remember is being grabbed by these men. I could not make any sense of what was happening. I figured that I was being arrested, but when I asked them why I was being arrested their answer was a sharp glare that told me I was in for a ride.
    They took me outside to a vehicle the likes of which I had never and hope not to see again. It was a black four door car, smooth lines and the tint on the windows was so black I could not see inside. Mind you I never did get to see the inside of the vehicle as soon as we were close enough I felt a pain in my arm. It was a weird pain, at first I felt just the sting from the injection then nothing, it became black and I was out.

Last edited by Callofdutyb on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Callofdutyb
    Callofdutyb
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male

Character sheet

Ryan's stuff (yes I write sometimes) Empty Re: Ryan's stuff (yes I write sometimes)

Post  Callofdutyb Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Chapter 1
    The Dark Room
    When I came around I tried to get a grasp on what had happened to me. I remembered the black car with the dark tint. I opened my eyes and saw nothing. I tried to feel what I had on me; I noticed that my watch was gone and that everything seemed to have been shifted. I noticed something new two cold metal objects one on each arm. I also noticed something on my legs that made it very hard to move.
    A second after determining all of this, I was suddenly and without warning blinded by a very bright light. As my eyes adjusted I saw two men both wearing the same black uniforms that the two men in the airport had worn. I also noticed a video camera located on a table in front of me.
    One of the men noticing that I was awake decided to press record on the camera. I watched and waited scared for my life. I had no idea why I was there in the dark room with these two men and their camera. I waited for what I think was about an hour and then I asked in my broken Russian why I was there. I regretted asking this question as soon as it was out of my mouth. Their reaction was harsh and sent the message they wanted. The next thing I knew I heard something like a laugh a hard laugh then I felt the butt of a gun hit my jaw with an amazing amount of force behind it. I was sure my jaw was broken. Over my pain I heard them say in Russian that they were the ones asking the questions not me. To this I had no response.
    After that it seemed like all hell was breaking loss. I was deprived of food and water for days at a time; I never knew when I was going to get some sleep that night. I thought they were going to kill me, I was sure of it. One day things started to change, I was asked what I would do to be free of this. My answer was not what they had expected. It shocked them when they heard me say I would do nothing to get out of this little hell.
    At this point they realized that not only was I not the person they had been looking for but also that they had just created a weapon, a weapon that if trained correctly would destroy much of the world.
    Dunkel Readman
    Dunkel Readman
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male
    Number of posts : 25
    Job/hobbies : Killing, reading, writing
    Interests : reading, writing, the occult, philosophy, religion, music, and many other things
    John Flinter : Boo!
    Registration date : 2009-02-21

Character sheet
    Warmasters: Vampire

Ryan's stuff (yes I write sometimes) Empty Re: Ryan's stuff (yes I write sometimes)

Post  Dunkel Readman Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:10 am

Ryan I have a serious tip for. It's not that people on the net don't want your stuff...It's that well people on the net are DICKS. I have often posted half finished stuff and ask for construcitve criquizm and they give me shit about my grammer and the wall of text syndom, but NOT about the actual story. I just thought I'd give you that little gem of...well whatever that Grabble is.
    Callofdutyb
    Callofdutyb
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male

Character sheet

Post  Callofdutyb Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:43 pm

Dunkel Readman wrote:Ryan I have a serious tip for. It's not that people on the net don't want your stuff...It's that well people on the net are DICKS. I have often posted half finished stuff and ask for construcitve criquizm and they give me shit about my grammer and the wall of text syndom, but NOT about the actual story. I just thought I'd give you that little gem of...well whatever that Grabble is.

and this helps me how???
    Dunkel Readman
    Dunkel Readman
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male
    Number of posts : 25
    Job/hobbies : Killing, reading, writing
    Interests : reading, writing, the occult, philosophy, religion, music, and many other things
    John Flinter : Boo!

Character sheet
    Warmasters: Vampire

Post  Dunkel Readman Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:56 pm

Basicly what I ment in that poast was, that it isn't wise to post stuff online until you're totally finished with it. Now, I have no real critique except, the 'prolouge' isn't normally what they are, what you have is like an introduction. A prolouge, is a written piece that flashes out the story and brings it up to the point you begin. The thing you have, while very good. Isn't a prolouge. So my actual critique is this (I'm sure by this point, you're thinking, 'finally he gets to the point,') make it longer to give more of the guys back ground and why he got on that plane, or just call it an introduction, or (oh how I love options) just add it into the first chapter, copy paste, simple, it'll make a longer first chapter, but it'll make a semless event transition, that is if you do the above flushing out.

(Hey second paragraph)

Also What you need to remember is reader questions. "Why is the protaganist where he is?" "What's his background?" "Is he going to have many challeneges just in the land itself" - language barrior, fanical problems, problems with his supriers, all that jazz. I'm sure you've already got all that down in your brain, just thought I'd help you out a little. For writers help is nice. So pick up your pen, or turn on your computer, and start flushing out the background of that book.

Look forward to reading it,

D.
    Lord Ragnaros
    Lord Ragnaros
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Male
    Number of posts : 132
    Job/hobbies : Destroying the World
    Interests : Dead bodies littering my elemental plane

Character sheet
    Warmasters: Ragnaros

Post  Lord Ragnaros Sat May 23, 2009 3:48 pm

Omg! I didnt know you liked to write Ryan! This is awesome!!!! Keepit up! Razz
    Horde Master
    Horde Master
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male
    Number of posts : 32
    Job/hobbies : Eternal War and destroying empires & alliances.
    Interests : Pillaging.
    Registration date : 2009-06-28

Character sheet
    Warmasters:

Post  Horde Master Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:12 pm

Thats very interesting Surprised. Whats the next chapter going to be like:?:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:25 pm