Otaku Epica

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Otaku Epica

A forum site for geeks who love to play table-top RPGS!

Latest topics

» Oct. 8th 2011
Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:44 pm by Horde Master

» Where too?
Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:49 pm by Horde Master

» September.24
Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:11 pm by Horde Master

» DC Universe Relaunch
Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 10:17 pm by otaku9kun

» September 24th
Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:36 pm by otaku9kun

» Sept. 17th
Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:08 pm by Horde Master

» This weeks gathering
Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 12:35 am by Lord Ragnaros

» Last Gathering
Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:43 pm by Lord Ragnaros

» Bluh Bluh Bluh Bluh
Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:41 pm by Lord Ragnaros

Navigation

Affiliates

4 posters

Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command?

Poll

Who Should It Be?

[ 2 ]
    Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? I_vote_lcap40%Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? I_vote_rcap [40%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? I_vote_lcap0%Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? I_vote_lcap20%Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? I_vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? I_vote_lcap20%Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? I_vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? I_vote_lcap0%Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]

Total Votes: 5
    Lord Ragnaros
    Lord Ragnaros
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Male
    Number of posts : 132
    Job/hobbies : Destroying the World
    Interests : Dead bodies littering my elemental plane
    Registration date : 2009-02-21

Character sheet
    Warmasters: Ragnaros

Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? Empty Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command?

Post  Lord Ragnaros Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:44 pm

Above is a poll. I want advice from the players, yes you guys, on who should be the second hardest boss. NOw keep in mind just because you choose one you think is weak doesnt mean he will be weak this is purely for roleplay purposes. I have listed the names and a short description of each.

Lord Rhyolith: Rhyolith is one of the most ancient elementals in existence, born from the primordial fires that forged Azeroth itself. He is responsible for the creation of new elementals in the Firelands and still possesses a searing hatred of the titans for what he considers monumental arrogance in relocating him.

Beth'tilac: Matriarch of the Cinderweb Brood, Beth'tilac and her merciless offspring sate their appetites by sucking the magma and fire from the corpses of elementals. To provide her broodlings with added sustenance, Beth'tilac has woven a network of incendiary webs throughout her lair to trap unsuspecting prey.

Shannox: The Flamewakers (Fire Salamanders) are among the most feared elemental guardians in the Firelands. Shannox is no exception. Serving as the chief hunter and kennel master of Ragnaros' hell hounds, Shannox patrols the elemental realm with his two most ferocious beasts: Riplimb and Rageface.

Baleroc, The Gatekeeper: Baleroc earned a reputation as a merciless combatant during the elemental wars of ancient Azeroth. Now that he is confined to the Firelands, Baleroc's sanity has dwindled. Few elementals dare disturb him, fearful that they will become victim to his battle lust.

Alysrazor: When Ragnaros's forces surged into Mount Hyjal, the green dragon Alysra betrayed her allies and helped liberate the traitorous archdruid Fandral Staghelm. As a reward, she was purified with fire and reborn as a fearsome fire hawk phoenix.

Majordomo Staghelm: The loss of his son, Valstann, in the War of the Shifting Sands utterly shattered Fandral Staghelm's spirit. Now empowered by Ragnaros as the new Majordomo of the Firelands (replacing the deceased Majordomo Executus) and the leader of the treacherous Druids of the Flame, Fandral seeks to bring ruin to Azeroth rather than live in a world without his beloved son.

So there thay all are. Those are your boss choices on who you think should be the second hardest boss. Please vote!

Last edited by Lord Ragnaros on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Horde Master
    Horde Master
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male
    Number of posts : 32
    Job/hobbies : Eternal War and destroying empires & alliances.
    Interests : Pillaging.
    Registration date : 2009-06-28

Character sheet
    Warmasters:

Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? Empty Re: Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command?

Post  Horde Master Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:52 am

I vote for Shannox!
    Lord Ragnaros
    Lord Ragnaros
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Male

Character sheet

Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? Empty Re: Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command?

Post  Lord Ragnaros Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:44 pm

Ah, a fearsome hunter indeed. Not to be trifled with, mind you.
    otaku9kun
    otaku9kun
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Male
    Number of posts : 64
    Job/hobbies : Anime Guru
    Interests : Anime, Manga, Video Game, and of course Role-play

Character sheet
    Warmasters:

Post  otaku9kun Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:18 pm

I vote Baleroc, The Gatekeeper. Because if he's the gate keeper to like Ragnoros's lair, and even other fire elementals fear him, it would make sense for him to be the second hardest boss.
    Lord Ragnaros
    Lord Ragnaros
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Male

Character sheet

Post  Lord Ragnaros Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:44 pm

Ah, Wil I like how you stated your reason for choice. Very nice indeed. And Yes Baleroc is technically Ragnaros' gatekeeper, however in the game he isn't the second hardest, I would like to see him be so in our game if he wins.
    Cribdeath18
    Cribdeath18
    Super Dooper Moderator
    Super Dooper Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 21
    Job/hobbies : mva job, computers/electronics hobbies
    Interests : explosions
    John Flinter : my furry friend
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

Character sheet
    Warmasters: Demolitionist

Who Should Be Ragnaros' Second-In-Command? Empty My vote

Post  Cribdeath18 Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:56 pm

As a person who has been playing World of Warcraft and actually have fought these bosses, i will post my answer and the reasons why i didnt choose any of the others. I will be speaking from both a background of the history of each boss and how hard it was for me and my team to beat em.

Lord Rhyolith: Overall he is a easy boss that only took 2 try's to beat him. Sure he seems difficult at first but once you have the basic strategy down, took the team i had 4-6 minutes to beat, depending on who we had dps. Not the choice for the second in comand in my opinion

Beth'tilac: A good bit harder than Lord Rhyolith, Beth'tilac is a far more technical fight that has to have the team know what they are doing, else they die. A 2 phase fight, with a energy depeletion that when depeleted will kill all in range, this fight provided a bit of trouble as it is a tough healer fight and balance dps fight. took anywhere from 8-13 minutes depending on who was dpsing on the team.

Shannox: A simpler fight than Beth'tilac, but still hard due to the enrage when a dog dies and enrages Shannox, also when people step on crystal traps, this fight is otherwise simple and the team i had 1 shotted him with ease. took 7 minutes to kill the majority of the time. Not recomended as second in command

Baleroc, The Gatekeeper: This boss i wouldnt recomend at all for the Second in Command because it took only 4 minutes to kill him on the very first attempt ever on him. The strategy behind this boss is simple so there's really no challenge when fighting him. Not for Second in Command.

Alysrazor: This fight is a real pain in the ass in my opinion, one of the harder fights other than Ragnaros. This phoneix took us many tries to finally bring down and took us about 14 minutes to kill every time. The flight phase and the aoe damage combined is a extremely painful experience and for that reason I would put Alysrazor as a second in command. Took my team *a very powerful and tough team to beat* 13 tries before finally beating this thing. Recomended for 2nd in Command.

Majordomo Staghelm: A also very difficult fight, this fight can last anywhere between 6-15 minutes, depending on what team you have going. He is very difficult because of his transformations that he uses throughout the fight. The cat form is very dangerous because of the aoe that is caused and the swift attacks making it a hard to heal fight. His scorpion form is extremely dangerous because of the aoe and killer single target attacks that are caused as well as the various other affects done throughout the fight. Very tactical and annoying, this is possibly the hardest fight other than Alysrazor. I highly recommend for 2nd in command

Overall, in my opinion from actually fighting these bosses in WoW and knowing the background history, i call it a tie between Alysrazor and Majordomo. I know that even though the title is Gatekeeper for Baleroc, he is not a really good one, Lord Rhyolith and Shannox is alright but easy, and Beth'tilac is an easy tactic battle. so i'd say either Alysrazor or Majordomo for the Second in Command

Thank you for reading and enjoy the opinion.

Derrick
    Lord Ragnaros
    Lord Ragnaros
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Male

Character sheet

Post  Lord Ragnaros Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:02 pm

Yes, Derrick, I myself have cleared Firelands about 3 times now. It can be easy and hard though. And I agree Staghelm should be hardest out of those because he is the Majordomo. Very Happy Also in my campaign Beth'tilac is already dead. :p
    Cribdeath18
    Cribdeath18
    Super Dooper Moderator
    Super Dooper Moderator

Male
    Number of posts : 21
    Job/hobbies : mva job, computers/electronics hobbies
    Interests : explosions
    John Flinter : my furry friend
    Registration date : 2009-02-28

Character sheet
    Warmasters: Demolitionist

Post  Cribdeath18 Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:00 pm

well it was a type between the bird and the majordomo. but im good with w/e ya want

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:49 pm